How we work
What we want, then, is to raise the level awareness about the exploitation of the environment, people and animals in order to achieve a better world.
To make this change we are working in the field of education. We offer primary and secondary school teachers and educators tools which help develop social skills such as empathy, compassion and respect among children. These social skills, once acquired, can easily be extended to other interpersonal relationships and to interaction with other living beings.
FAADA's proposal is a programme of sensitisation on respect and living together with pets. The methodology used has an impact on two fundamental points, the development of humanitarian education through the application of empathy to animals close to us.
We are also working towards getting respect for animals actively promoted and included in the current school curriculum of the regional government of Catalonia as well as in the existing education law (LOMCE).
How are we doing this?
- Quality training for teaching staff. Through courses, recognised and accredited by the Catalan regional government, which offer primary and secondary school teachers and educators the tools which allow them to help children to incorporate and develop social skills, such as empathy, compassion and responsibility, among others.
- Training to non-teaching education staff. These include free-time instructors, social educators, promotors of culture, parents, etc.
- Planning of educational strategies aimed at developing respect for animals, the environment and human rights, jointly with the authorities.
- Creation of a national educative platform of organisations that promote respect for animals, with clear, previously-agreed-upon guidelines, staying within educational activities.
- Collaboration with the authorities and educative centres to ensure that, within the education framework, contradictory activities are not carried out with respect to the treatment of or discrimination against animals.
- Building up a dialogue with publishing companies producing text books and educational material in order to make them aware of any content which may encourage or normalise animal abuse.
- Undertaking hands-on initiatives with children to empower them and give them the tools which will help them decide between activities which lead to harmonious living on earth and which make it more difficult.